Recognition Information on Mangalayatan University Aligarh
- Mangalayatan University has been enacted by the UP State legislature under the "Mangalayatan University Uttar Pradesh Act, 2006" and notified through Government of Uttar Pradesh Gazette Notification No. 362/VII-V-1-1(Ka)-12/2006 dated 30th Oct, 2006.
- Mangalayatan University is a fully government recognized University with the right to confer degrees as per sections 2f and 22(1) of the UGC Act.
- Clarification on AICTE Approval : As per law, Universities do not require approval of AICTE to start or conduct technical programmes. For further clarifications, Please refer to the following case :
- CASE NO.: Appeal (civil) 2056 of 1999
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
- PETITIONER: BHARATHIDASAN UNIVERSITY & ANR.
RESPONDENT: ALL INDIA COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION & ORS.
- DATE OF JUDGMENT: 24/09/2001
- BENCH: S. Rajendra Babu & Doraiswamy Raju.